Coconut as a beauty product might not be new to you. Most of us are aware of the numerous health benefit attached to the consumption of coconut but not the beauty benefit. I was surfing the internet lately and I discovered that coconut oil is to a beautician what flour is to a confectioner. So I collated the best ways to use coconut oil in your beauty routines:
- Makeup Remover: Coconut oil breaks up water-resistant substances used in eye shadow and mascara and still leaves your skin looking younger and softer.
- Shaving cream: It’s safe for shaving because it also doubles as a moisturizer and has antifungal and antibacterial properties for those of you with delicate skin.
- Nail and cuticle hydrator: Rub oil on nails and cuticles to prevent hangnails.
- Cellulite treatment: Because coconut oil is so hydrating, it pairs wonderfully with a dry brush to aid in breaking up fat pockets, releasing toxins and increasing circulation.
- Lip and Body scrub: Coconut oil is the best remedy for chapped lips. It helps remove dead cells and totally rejuvenate the lips. It could also be used as a body scrub because the oil remains long after all other scrub ingredients have melted away.
- Eyelash strengthener : Keep coconut oil on your lashes overnight to strengthen and condition it.
- Hair treatment: Coconut oil can be used as an incredibly intensive natural conditioner especially for women that have embraced their natural (kinky) hair. Rub into dry hair as desired.
- Brush cleanser: You can use a DIY cleanser that has two parts antibacterial soap and one part coconut oil. This oil protects and nourishes your brush.
- Natural Sunscreen: It helps increase sun tolerance and may prevent sunburn.
- Acne Relief: Coconut oil can be used to resolve acne breakout when used regularly for a long period of time.
P.S: You can purchase coconut oil any local beauty stores or any online shopping platform. Make sure that it is extra virgin, organic and pure for best beautifying results.
You can share with me other beauty uses of coconut oil that I didn’t talk about.
Till I come your way again, Stay beautiful and keep slaying!
***Hugs and kisses***
Voice of Gele.