I remember when I was much younger, and could dance comfortably in the rain without a single care in the world but as I grew older things became different. Those things I used to worry less about now seem so important. Now I have to avoid getting my hair wet, messing up my makeup and I even have to worry about my expensive bag being soaked up by the rain. *I really miss those days*. However, change is inevitable and we experience change in every facet of our lives, which is why it is very necessary to deal with each change as they occur so we are not left behind.
With the rainy season around the corner, you might want to take a look at some fantastic makeup tips for rainy days. A heavy rain day can ruin your perfect makeup, but with these makeup tips, you can put your face right back on and fight your way through the rain.
- Wash your face thoroughly because the probability of your sweating is low and your makeup tends to last longer.
- Use a water-based moisturizer instead of the oil-based ones.
- Make sure your foundation is waterproof.
- Avoid oil control primers and make sure you use your powder generously.
- Use waterproof mascara and eyeliner if you don’t want to end up with mascara tracks running down your face.
- Another makeup tip for rainy days that has always worked for me is a cream blush instead of the conventional powder blush.
- Use eyebrow gel/ pencil and not brow powder to avoid washing off during a heavy downpour.
- Invest in a quality matte lipstick instead of the normal gloss to avoid your hair sticking on your lips.
- Get colourful umbrella to boost your mood and shield you from the rain.
Finally, research shows that rain water might be harmful to your skin because it contains pollutants and dirt that might damage your skin and hair; I advise that you use a very good moisturizing mask on your face at night before going to bed. That way, your face will stay hydrated and look beautiful all the time.
So girls, there you have it! Feel free to add any other makeup tip for rainy days that you didn’t see here.
Thanks for reading.