Happy new month beautiful!!!
It feels good to be back here. I’m excited about this new month; I pray that the almighty God visit us all with our heart desires in Jesus name.
Today’s write up would be on how we should take care of our face. It has come to my notice that most women take their skin for granted forgetting that the skin on the face is sensitive and therefore have several needs to be met. First, the skin needs to be kept as clean as possible. Second, it needs to be protected from sunlight and other environmental insults. This guide will help you maintain a healthy complexion that would have you looking glowing all the time.
- CLEAN IT: The first thing you need to do if you desire a healthy skin is to get into a routine of cleansing it. You should clean your face with water and mild soap or a face cleanser. You need to find out which products best suit your skin and stick with it. It takes me less than 5minutes to clean my face in the morning and at night. It is important to note that you should never go to bed with your makeup on. Makeup left on the face overnight clogs the pores and prevents your skin from breathing.
- MOISTURIZE: It is very important to moisturize your face no matter your skin type. If you have a dry skin, you especially need to make sure that your face is getting the moisture that it needs. Use a gentle moisturizer to keep your skin feeling soft and glowing. If you have an oily face, you also need to do this step so that you can restore the moisture you lost while cleansing.
- DRINK WATER: Make sure you drink lots of water. Your body needs plenty of hydration during the day to keep removing waste products from your face. You should drink at least eight glasses of water every day. I know it might not be easy for you to drink plain water you could add lemon or other fruits to add flavour to the water as you drink.
- DON’T TOUCH YOUR FACE: A lot of people have the habit of touching their face or fiddling with the pimples on their face. This act is not helping you, instead, it’s increasing the chances of the pimples spreading. Your hands have oils on them that will clog the pores on your face. No matter how tempting it is, do not pop pimples on your face. It is necessary that you change your pillowcase often if you are prone to acnes breakout. If you need to touch your face for whatever reason, use a clean tissue.
- TAKE CARE OF YOUR LIPS: Make sure you moisturize your lips often. A simple way to do that is to rub sugar and honey solution on your lips and massage in a circular motion. This scrub helps to remove dead cells and rejuvenates the lips. Don’t forget to keep a stick of moisturizer with you all the time and use throughout the day especially during dry seasons.
Remember that taking care of your face will not produce results overnight. Be patient and love your face for two to eight weeks and then you will start seeing wonderful improvement on your skin. How do you take care of your face? I would love to hear and learn from you.
Hugs and kisses,
Voice of Gele.