Hello beautiful ladies,
Welcome to the 8th Month in the year 2016. Yeah, we are in month of August!!!. The year is gradually coming to an end and I’m super excited about it. How did your weekend go? Well, mine was full of activities as usual. I am seriously looking forward to the day my weekend would be free of activities **exhales**.
This week I would be talking about giving yourself a pedicure/manicure in the comfort of your house. Your nails whether fingers or toes is that tiny part of your body you think people don’t notice. While it is very easy to neglect, it is important you give them as much attention as you give your face.
It has come to my notice that most ladies carry dirty and ugly nails about. One of the reasons might be due to our busy schedules but as a lady, you should know that filthy nails don’t speak well of you. Your nails should be neat and well groomed because you never know when He would pop the “Will you marry me Question” and the last thing you want to do is show off your bling with ugly and dirty nails.
A rough or dirty toenail is never appealing. I for one cannot stand dirty feet. As soon as I sight one, I immediately turn my face away so that I am not pushed to ask the individual why his/her toenail is crying for help. (Especially if you are a lady)
To give yourself a manicure/pedicure at home you will need the following:
- Manicure/pedicure set
- Nail polish remover and cotton balls
- A bowl of warm water
- A moisturiser
- A Good scrub (Pumice stone or foot scrub)
- Nail polish (base coat, Colour & top coat)
MANICURE/ PEDICURE PROCEDURES
- Get rid of old nail polish with the nail polish remover and trim your nails properly with a nail cutter. File your nails to your desired shape and use a buffer to smooth the surface of your nails.
- Soak your finger/ toe nails in a bowl of soapy water for few minutes and then use your regular body scrub or a pumice stone to exfoliate your skin and get rid of dead cells.
- Rinse and moisturise your hands. Soften your cuticles by applying oil on them. Trim your cuticles. (Be careful not to over trim them because a little cut can create room for infections like whitlow)
- Apply your desired nail polish. Beginning with the base coat, your desired polish colour and then finally the top coat.
- Relax and allow your nails dry naturally.
Can you see now that manicure and pedicure are one of the simplest things you can do at home to make you look good and most importantly make you feel good about yourself?
Now you have very attractive toenails to flaunt next time you want to wear that sandal and a ready finger for the “His Question”
***Hugs and Kisses***
Voice of Gele
Photo Credit: Pixabay and Google