Hello, beautiful ladies!!! How is the weekend going?
I can’t seem to get enough of my natural hair journey. Every day excites me and sometimes propel me to learn more about how to make my hair healthy. I’ve been doing a lot of research lately on how to prevent thinning, shedding and general hair loss and I stumbled on these amazing DIY deep conditioning treatments. Since I’m not a selfish person and I know how important hair growth is for all of us on this natural hair journey I decided to share my findings with you all.
These treatment recipes I’m about to share with you are not expensive and are things you can find in your kitchen. With these treatments, I guarantee you optimal hair growth and an overall healthy hair.
- EGG YOLK AND OLIVE OIL MASK
Egg yolk is rich in proteins, vitamins, and fatty acids. Egg yolk will not only make your hair softer and healthier, it will also help your hair to grow. Olive oil also strengthens and softens the hair, It is particularly ideal for dry or damaged hair. This mixture of these two ingredients exfoliates your tresses while strengthening the colour of your hair and maintaining the texture.
* Mix 2 egg yolks in 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil and then dilute mixture with half cup of water.
* Thoroughly massage the mixture into your scalp, cover with a shower cap and let it sit in for 20minutes.
* Rinse out with conditioner.
2. BANANA AND HONEY MASK
Bananas are a very rich source of potassium and Vitamins A, E, and C. which make them the perfect choice for homemade hair growth treatments. Honey is a natural antioxidant, so it tends to make your scalp healthy and stimulate hair growth. For this recipe, you will need 2 ripe bananas, ½ cup of honey, ¼ of Olive oil.
- Blend the above ingredients till they turn into a very fluffy paste
- Apply on the hair and scalp evenly. Leave it for about 20 minutes
- Wear a shower cap to lock in the nutrients and use a blow dryer
- Rinse under running water and use a conditioner
- Come through the hair to get rid of banana chunks and rinse again.
- Do a final rinse with 4tbsps of honey mixed with water.
NOTE: The challenge with this recipe is that the bananas tend to stay stuck in the hair. This makes them extremely difficult to wash off but if you are a patient one, you would really enjoy the outcome of this hair mask.
- AVOCADO AND HONEY HAIR MASK
This is my favourite hair mask. Since the very first time I tried it, I’ve been stuck with it. Nutritionist says avocado contains oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat that may help to lower cholesterol, regulate blood pressure and guard against heart disease and high blood pressure. This fruit makes hair shiny and gorgeous. For this recipe, you will need 1 peeled avocado and ½ cup of honey.
- Blend all the ingredients together until it’s a smooth paste
- Apply mixture evenly to coat full hair length
- Leave on for about 30 minutes. Wear a shower cap to avoid making a mess and to ensure all the ingredients gets soaked in.
- Rinse off with conditioner and a honey solution.
I would be waiting for a feedback from you.
***Hugs and Kisses***