Hi, beautiful ladies. Today is a beautiful day and the weather has been friendly ( I just love rainy season). Today I will be writing about an issue that is peculiar to us as women that is “Self Confidence”. I’ve come to understand that most women are not comfortable in their own skin and would do anything it takes to be accepted by the people they deem their approval important.
According to an Online Source, “Self confidence is feeling of trust in one’s abilities, qualities and judgement”. Another source defined Self Confidence as the “the act of being secured in one’s self and abilities.
The sad truth, however, is that Self-confidence is very important in almost every aspect of our lives yet so many ladies struggle to find it. I have I come to know that people who lack self-confidence finds it very difficult to succeed. This is so because nobody wants to give room to someone who is nervous and over apologetic. As women, we particularly find it difficult to develop self-confidence. We instinctively focus on everyone but ourselves. So taking the time for self-development doesn’t come easily to us. We live in a society where girls are encouraged to be passive and not too daring or confident because if they are too confident they would not get a man to marry them.
A couple of us might have read about great women, seen them on television and wondered how they were able to pull such success in an economy that is dominated by the male folks. I want to let you know that self-confidence can be learnt and taught and it’s worth every effort.
TRAITS OF LOW SELF CONFIDENCE
- Governing your behaviour based on what other people think.
- Staying in your comfort zone, fearing failure and avoiding risks.
- Working hard to cover up mistakes and hoping you can fix the problem before anyone notice.
- Celebrating your own virtues as often as possible to as many people as possible because you feel invisible.
- Dismissing compliments offhandedly instead of accepting it graciously.
STEPS TO BUILDING SELF-CONFIDENCE
- Groom yourself.
- Wear dresses that are nice looking and presentable.
- Replace negative thoughts with good ones. Get aware of the thoughts you have about yourself and make deliberate efforts to think positive thoughts alone.
- Know yourself, listen to your thoughts, if possible keep a diary about yourself and the thoughts you have about yourself and analyse why you have such negative thoughts.
- Act in a positive way; take actions instead of telling yourself you can’t. Talk to people in a positive way, put energy to your actions. You will soon start seeing results.
- Be prepared. Think about speaking at an event; if you have not studied and researched on the topic you were given, you won’t have confidence in your abilities to give a good speech.
- Speak slowly, it shows confidence. I have discovered that a person in authority and with authority speaks slowly, on the other hand, a person who feels she’s not worth listening to mumbles up all her words.
- Stand tall because ladies who stand tall with their head up high are confident and more attractive.
- Set a goal you can achieve and try achieving it. The more small goals you achieve the more confident of yourself you are.
- Focus on the solution instead of listening or narrating the problem.
- Smile more often. A smile is never a bad investment of your time and energy.
Now that you know the secrets of a confident woman, no more excuses. Make conscious efforts to improve your self-worth.
You talking back to me give me great joy. **Kisses**