How did your weekend go?
Today I would be sharing with you the benefits of orange peels.
We all love oranges for its pleasant flavour and the various vitamins it supplies to our body but little did we know that orange peels are also loaded with amazing beauty and health benefits.
- Orange peel provides excellent support against respiratory distress and is also found to be effective for treating asthma.
- Research has it that continuous consumption of orange peel can lower the risk of human cancers, namely skin, breast and colon cancer.
- Orange peel is very helpful in reducing chances of constipation. It also helps in reducing gas, heartburn, and vomiting.
- Orange peel helps in proper liver functioning.
- Orange peel helps cure blackheads, dead cells, and dry skin. It does this by cleaning out your skin thereby extracting dirt from deep inside the pores. To create a facemask simple mix a portion of the orange peel powder in water and apply the paste on your face.
- Orange peel can also be used to prevent premature wrinkles. The powerful antioxidants in oranges fight off free radicals that damage healthy skin cells.
- Orange peel can be used to tone your skin. The antioxidants in orange peels prevent your skin from getting too oily or dry. The calcium in it also contributes to antioxidants which make dull skin healthy and glowing.
- Orange peel can be used to whiten skin naturally. It can be used to lighten dark knuckles and can also help lighten suntans and deflect UV rays.
HOW TO MAKE ORANGE PEEL POWDER
You will need: Dried orange peels and a blender
- Make sure peels are properly dried
- Blend dried peels without adding water until it’s smooth like a powder
- Store in an airtight container.
Next time you are eating oranges, you might want to think twice before discarding the peels.
***Hugs and Kisses***