Welcome to another refreshing week, I am guessing your week started on a strong note? Today I would be sharing with you some natural home remedies for dry skin. Before we dig into the home made remedies let me quickly shed light on what a dry skin is and reasons why your skin can be considered as dried.
Dry and flaky skin is a common complaint during the hamartan period. Towards the end of last year I was out of the country for my Gele Tour and I can boldly tell you that the cold abroad could be terrific at times. Even here, in Nigeria, you would testify with me that the hamartan period is not a time to slack at all. The cold and dry air sucks the life out of your silky, smooth skin leaving you with a scaly effect. Other factors that could contribute to you developing a dry skin include aging and nutrition deficiencies.
There are many lotions and moisturizers on the market to combat dry skin. But most of them come with a big price tag. Natural home remedies are not only cheap, but also quite effective in nourishing and hydrating dry skin back to a healthy state.
Here are some of the best natural home remedies for dry skin
Honey is considered one of the best natural moisturizer. Thus, it helps lock in moisture to make your skin extra soft and smooth. Plus, honey has many essential vitamins and minerals that help improve your skin’s health. For best result rub honey all over your body and leave on for 5-10 minutes before having your bath. Repeat daily to enjoy well-moisturized skin.
Yogurt is an excellent skin-hydrating plus, its properties help soothe dry and itchy skin. For best result.
- Mix one half of yogurt and three tablespoons of mashed or blended papaya.
- Stir in a few drops each of honey and lemon juice.
- Apply it on your skin and leave it on for 10 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
- You can do this once a week.
Avocado is packed with fatty acid, vitamins and antioxidants that help improves skin from the inside. The high vitamin A content also helps in skin maintenance and repair to restore smooth and silky skin.
- Mash the pulp of an avocado into a smooth paste. Rub the paste all over your dry skin. Let it sit on your skin for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse it off with cold water. Repeat the process once daily.
- Mash one-half of a ripe avocado and stir in one half cup of honey. Apply the mixture on your dry skin and let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing it off. Apply this hydrating face mask once or twice a week. Do not use more often than that
- You can also drink a glass of an avocado smoothie daily to increase your intake of healthy fats that will help keep your skin hydrated and moisturized.
Aloe Vera has soothing, antiseptic and antifungal properties that can help combat dry, irritated skin and prevent flaking. This simple remedy will moisturize your skin and form a protective layer that will keep your skin free from any kind of impurities.
- Cut open a fresh of aloe Vera leaf and squeeze the gel out of it.
- Apply the gel on your dry skin. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this twice daily.
Papaya is one of the most effective home remedies for the treatment of dry skin as it also helps in eliminating the scars.
- Prepare a fruity mask by mashing a slice of papaya, 1 banana and 1 avocado.
- Apply it on your face
- Let it remain for about 15 minutes.
- Then wash it out with water
Ojulewa international a.k.a Voice Of Gele storms Abuja
Date: Saturday 4th February. Time: 11: 00am. Venue: Bible Guest House 23, Ndola crescent, by NYSC secretariat. Wuse zone 5, Abuja. Click here to register for this class For details call 09072577860 or email us at email@example.com